Garrett Z-Lynk™ Wireless Technology
Z-Lynk technology is designed for a near-zero delay from your detector
to your headphones. The Garrett Z-Lynk Wireless System operates with a
17-millisecond delay—six times faster than Bluetooth. This means you are
hearing your target signal while the searchcoil is directly over the target,
helping you to pinpoint and recover your targets more accurately.
Frequency-hopping technology creates an infinite number of channels to
prevent interference with nearby headphones and other wireless devices.
Each Z-Lynk Wireless System Includes:
Two USB charging cables
Carrying case(not shown)-1/4 headphone jack cable
- Z-Lynk can be used with both VLF and pulse metal detectors.
- These modules can be paired with any Garrett wireless-enabled
device. This wireless system is nearly universal, designed to work with
almost any brand of metal detector and almost any wired headphone.
- Power On/Off—Press and hold power button ( ) for 1 second to switch
ON or OFF. Note: WT-1 will switch on when it receives detector audio.
Modules will automatically switch off after 10 minutes without a paired
mate, or after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Volume—Adjust with WR-1 volume control buttons. If using
volume-control headphones, set headphones to full volume, and then
adjust WR-1 to maximum desired level. While hunting, additional
adjustments can be made with headphone volume controls.
- Pairing—Switch both modules on. If the pairing indicator ( ) is blinking,
bring modules within 3 feet (1 meter) of each other (and away from any
other Z-Lynk device), and then quickly press and release the power button
on the WT-1 (TX module). Steady pairing indicators on both units indicates
the units are properly paired. The modules will remain paired until you
choose to pair them with another Z-Lynk device.
- Recharging—Plug the supplied charging cables into the modules and any standard
USB port to recharge.
- LED Indicators—Battery indicator ( ) begins blinking when there are
approximately 3 hours remaining. Battery indicator LED displays solid light
while charging and is off when complete.
Pairing indicator ( ) will blink slowly when not paired; will blink quickly
during pairing search; and will remain steady when paired.
- Caution—The WR-1 unit is weather resistant in light rain; the WT-1 unit
will tolerate heavier rain. The Z-Lynk modules should never be submerged.